- December 13, 2018
- Posted by: sssbngl
The organization established SSS Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Institute to impart technical and vocational training to the unemployed young people and create employment financed by Terre des Hommes-Netherlands in 2011. It is situated in the village Pachh Bikramhati near Tangail Town. Young people of class eight passed can receive technical and vocational training and education for one year on five trades under the institute. The trades include: Automobile and Mechanical, Welding and Machinist, Electronics and Electrical, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning and Plumbing and Construction. Cited, the donor organization broke off the financial assistance to the project in 2016, but the organization continues it energetically.
The special characteristics of the institute are below:
- Providing the students with free-of-cost training, instrument and textbooks with scholarship.
- The number of seats for each trade is 15.
- Making linkages with the employers manage jobs.
- Encouraging and building up skill to create self-employment.
- Disbursing credit for both self and overseas employments.
As on 30 June 2021, the institute has provided training to 616 youths. Of them, 479 people were employed in the country and 22 in the abroad.
The diploma engineering courses under the institute are:
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Automobile Engineering
The momentous specialties of the institute elucidated below:
- Permanent and modern campus.
- Well-decorated workshop and laboratory with necessary equipment.
- Providing theoretical and practical lessons by a group of experienced teachers.
- Imposing special cares on building up demandable capacity, ICT and English language.
- Arranging internship in well-renowned industries and supports to get job.
SSS Non-Government Polytechnic Institute
Pachh Bikramhati, Tangail
Cell: 01708423365, 01708423366